85 East Holly Street, Pasadena, CA 91103 • Tel: 626.795.4331 • www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org
NEWS RELEASE - For immediate release
Free Concerts in the Park June 30 to Sept. 8 – Hosted by Pasadena Senior Center
-- You don't have to be a member or even a senior to attend --
Every Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. from June 30 to Sept. 1 the Pasadena Senior Center presents free concerts at the Memorial Park band shell.
The one-hour concerts are open to people of all ages. Bring a picnic or purchase dinner at the BBQ snack bar.
- June 30 – Pam Kay and The Tap Chicks entertain with lively dance routines, Vaudeville-style comedy and clever costumes.
- July 7 – Janet Klein and her Parlor Boys perform jazz, ragtime, blues and novelty songs popular from 1900 to 1930.
- July 14 – The all-female Mariachi Bella, dressed in traditional costumes, performs a mix of iconic and new mariachi music.
- July 21 -- Susie Hansen Latin Band performs fiery jazz and salsa that will have the audience on their feet and dancing in the aisles.
- July 28 – Pasadena Youth Chamber Orchestra features talented high school and college students performing classical music.
- Aug. 4 – Billy and the Hillbillies perform a hilarious act of bluegrass music mixed with comedy.
- Aug. 11 – Inca, The Peruvian Ensemble offers a colorful array of music and dance from the Andes region using rare, authentic instruments.
- Aug. 18 -- Lisa Haley and the Zydekats is a Grammy Award-winning group that plays lively Cajun Zydeco music.
- Aug. 25 – Alan Chapman’s Movie Music Magic features memorable melodies from the silver screen performed by a dynamic ensemble.
- Sept. 1 – The Great American Swing Band features the sounds of big band, rhythm and blues, jazz and Dixieland.
- Sept. 8 – Pam Kay and The Tap Chicks entertain with lively dance routines, Vaudeville-style comedy and clever costumes.
- Additional concert sponsors include the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, Pasadena Highlands and AGA Medicare Options. For more information visit www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org or call 626-795-4331.
Founded in 1959, the Pasadena Senior Center is an independent nonprofit agency that offers recreational, educational, wellness and social services to people ages 50 and over in a friendly environment. Services are also provided for frail, low-income and homebound seniors.