85 East Holly Street, Pasadena, CA 91103 • Tel: 626.795.4331 • www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org
NEWS RELEASE - For immediate release
PASADENA SENIOR CENTER SUMMER CLASSES WILL BE VIRTUAL VIA ZOOM
Every summer the Pasadena Senior Center offers a full lineup of classes for members.
This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, nearly 20 classes for adults 50 and older are offered online via Zoom from July 13 to Sept. 19. There will be no advance sample classes, or “class tasting” as in past years.
Online summer classes include the following:
- The Art and Joy of Sewing
- Creative Writing
- Making Sense of the News
- Ballroom Dancing – Solo (many members are quarantined alone; they can practice solo dancing and continue to improve as dancers)
- Ballroom Line Dancing – Solo
- BollyX (Bollywood-inspired, low-impact cardio fitness)
- Zumba Gold (Zumba choreography that focus on balance, range of motion and coordination)
Health and Fitness
- Alexander Technique (feel more lively, achieve better balance, think more clearly)
- Chair Aerobics (choose Mondays or Wednesdays)
- Music for Wellness
- Beginning/Intermediate Pep Up Your Life (strength, balance, flexibility)
- Intermediate/Advanced Pep Up Your Life (Tuesday, Friday and Saturday classes)
- Pilates (choose Tuesday or Thursday classes)
- Qigong and Tai Chi
- Strength Training
- Yoga and Presence Practice
- Zumba Gold
- Beginner French 1 and 2
- Intermediate French
- Advanced French 1 and 2
- Introduction to Spanish
- Intermediate Spanish
- Beginner Computer Workshop for Windows
- Advanced Computer Workshop for Windows
Visit www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org and click on Classes and Lectures to get class descriptions and register. Registration deadline is Friday, July 10. The cost of classes ranges from $30 to $85 for Pasadena Senior Center members. Scholarships for low-income seniors are available on a limited basis.
To become a member of the Pasadena Senior Center, visit www.pasadenaseniorcenter.net and click on Become a Member. The membership fee also may be paid on the registration form for classes. Membership is open to anyone 50 and older.
For more information about the programs and services of the Pasadena Senior Center during the COVID-19 crisis, visit www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org or call 626-795-4331.
The center, at 85 E. Holly St., is an independent, donor-supported nonprofit organization that has been deemed an essential service provider for older adults by the city of Pasadena, so its doors remain open six days a week for social services and other assistance to older adults in need. Hours during this period are Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.