85 East Holly Street, Pasadena, CA 91103 • Tel: 626.795.4331 • www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org
NEWS RELEASE - For immediate release
SUMMER TERM OF THE MASTERS SERIES AT PASADENA SENIOR CENTER WILL BE VIRTUAL: ALAN CHAPMAN’S AT HOME MUSIC SERIES
The summer term of The Masters Series presented by the Pasadena Senior Center will be virtual via Zoom Tuesdays, July 7 to Aug. 18, from 2 to 4 p.m. and will be titled Alan Chapman’s At Home Music Series.
Dr. Alan Chapman, producer/on-air host at KUSC Classical Radio and a faculty member at the Colburn Conservatory of Music, will present the weekly class, which will dive deep into the history of beloved musical works, genres and composers.
- Tuesday, July 7 – Two Boys from Brooklyn. This multimedia presentation will examine the lives and works of American composers George Gershwin and Aaron Copland.
- Tuesday, July 14 – Favorite Pieces, Part 1. Chapman will present a collection of popular musical pieces and the stories behind them.
- Tuesday, July 21 – Inspiration. This multimedia presentation will explore the many sources of inspiration that motivated great composers to write their masterpieces.
- Tuesday, July 28 – Favorite Pieces, Part 2. Chapman will continue his exploration of popular musical pieces and the stories behind them.
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 – Von Chaps in China. In another multimedia presentation, Chapman will share highlights of his family’s 2019 concert tour.
- Tuesday, Aug. 11 – All that Jazz. Big bands and their origins will be discussed.
- Tuesday, Aug. 18 – Watch Your Step. Participants will enjoy a festival of dance music throughout the centuries.
The cost for the series of seven presentations is $90 for members of the Pasadena Senior Center and $105 for non-members. This online series is not available for payment for individual lectures.
To register for the summer term of The Masters Series or for more information visit www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org and click on Online Classes, call 626-795-4331 or email AnnieL@pasadenaseniorcenter.org. Everyone who registers will receive email instructions for joining each week’s Zoom class online.
For more information about other Pasadena Senior Center programs and services, including online options for classes, events and activities during the COVID-19 crisis, visit www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org or call 626-795-4331.
The center, at 85 E. Holly St., is an independent, donor-supported nonprofit organization that has been deemed an essential service provider for older adults by the city of Pasadena, so its doors remain open six days a week for social services and other assistance to older adults in need. Hours during this period are Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.