85 East Holly Street, Pasadena, CA 91103 • Tel: 626.795.4331 • www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org
NEWS RELEASE - For immediate release
Free Concerts in the Park July 11 to August 29 Hosted by Pasadena Senior Center
Back by popular demand, the Pasadena Senior Center will present free summer concerts showcasing the talents of a variety of popular musical groups that range from jazz to big band to country and more.
The one-hour concerts, every Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. from July 11 to Aug. 29 at the Gold Shell in Pasadena’s Memorial Park, are open to people to all ages. Bring a lawn chair and a picnic for the perfect summer experience with family and friends.
- July 11 – Pam Kay and The Tap Chicks entertain with lively dance routines, Vaudeville-style comedy and clever costumes.
- July 18 – Whiskey Hayride performs classic country/rock that will get everybody up and moving.
- July 25 – Pasadena Youth Chamber Orchestra features talented high school and college students performing classical music favorites.
- August 1 – Susie Hansen Latin Band performs fiery jazz and salsa that will have the audience on their feet and dancing in the aisles.
- August 8 – Paddy’s Pig presents timeless Irish pub songs and contemporary Irish rock delivered with plenty of energy.
- August 15 – Theater of Vision Productions entertains with “Cirque di Sarray,” a fun and fast-paced carnival show.
- August 22 – Grammy-winning Lisa Haley and the Zydekats play lively Cajun Zydeco music with lots of Louisiana spice.
- August 29 – The Great American Swing Band features the sounds of big band, rhythm and blues, jazz and Dixieland.
The concerts are sponsored in part by the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation. For more information visit www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org or call (626) 795-4331.
Founded in 1960, the Pasadena Senior Center is an independent nonprofit agency that offers recreational, educational, wellness and social services to people ages 50 and older in a welcoming environment. Services are also provided for frail, low-income and homebound seniors.