85 East Holly Street, Pasadena, CA 91103 • Tel: 626.795.4331 • www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org
NEWS RELEASE - For immediate release
Free Concerts in the Park June 24 to Sept. 2
Every Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. from June 24 to Sept. 2, the Pasadena Senior Center presents free concerts at the Memorial Park band shell.
The one-hour concerts and free and open to people of all ages. Bring a picnic or purchase dinner at the BBQ snack bar.
- June 24 – The Tap Chicks entertain with lively dance routines, clever costumes and Vaudeville-style comedy.
- July 1 – Whiskey Hayride performs classic country/rock that will get everybody moving.
- July 8 – The Folk Collection presents Americana music at its best with songs made famous by Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan and other greats.
- July 15 – Susie Hansen Latin Band performs fiery jazz and salsa that will have the audience on their feet and dancing in the aisles.
- July 22 – The Whiskey Mountain Boys combine classic bluegrass music with fun and laughter.
- July 29 – Pasadena Youth Chamber Orchestra features talented high school and college students performing classical music.
- Aug. 5 – Tom Sullivan’s Dixieland Band brings New Orleans to Pasadena with authentic Dixieland sounds.
- Aug. 12 – Will Ryan and the Cactus County Cowboys perform the swingingest tunes ever to come out of the old west.
- Aug. 19 – The Perfect Gentlemen combine a cappella harmonies and humor to keep the tradition of Vaudeville alive.
- Aug. 26 – Lisa Haley and the Zydekats is a Grammy Award-winning group that performs lively Cajun Zydeco music.
- Sept. 2 – The Great American Swing Band features the sounds of Big Band, rhythm and blues, jazz and Dixieland.
Concert sponsors include Pasadena Showcase House of the Arts, Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation, Pasadena Highlands and Los Angeles County Arts Commission.
For more information visit www.pasadenaseniorcenter.org or call (626) 795-4331.
Founded in 1959, the Pasadena Senior Center is an independent nonprofit agency that offers recreational, educational, wellness and social services to people ages 50 and over in a friendly environment. Services are also provided for frail, low-income and homebound seniors.