What is PSC’s vision?
OUR MISSION: Improving the lives of older adults through caring service with opportunities for social interaction, recreation, basic support and needs services, education, volunteerism and community activism.
Who is served by the Pasadena Senior Center? Where do people come from?
How does PSC “communicate” with the community?
Where can I park my car if I come to the Pasadena Senior Center?
- Meters around the Center are free before 11:00 a.m.
- We have a parking lot on the East side of the Center.
- At 48 N Raymond Ave the parking is free for 90 minutes.
- At 150 E Holly Street parking structure the parking is free with validation from the Pasadena Senior Center.
How is the Senior Center funded?
Who are the partners of the Pasadena Senior Center?
Is there a membership fee?
Who are your volunteers? Where do they come from?
- Class instructors
- Highs school students
- City college and university students
- Senior center members
- Stay at home parents
- Employees from local corporations
- New retirees
- National Charity League mothers and daughters
How is the Pasadena Senior Center resource guide distributed?
What is the role of the Pasadena Senior Center Board of Directors?
- Determine the mission of the Pasadena Senior Center, set policies for its operation, plan and establish its general course from year to year as well as for the long term, including identifying the constituents to be served by the Center.
- Determine which programs are consistent with the mission of the Center and monitor their effectiveness, as well as strengthening programs and services.
- Establish fiscal policies and limits, including budgets and financial controls; asset protection policies; management of investments and financial oversight.
- Provide adequate resources for the operation of the Pasadena Senior Center through direct financial contributions and active fundraising.
- Select, evaluate and, if necessary, terminate the Executive Director and exercise approval rights over the size of his/her staff.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability.
- Act as a primary communication link with the community, enhancing the Center’s public standing.